Travel Writer of the Year Award 2017
Note: Due to a lot of requests received from many students as this is the period of their exams to extend the date to allowed more participation. The jury has decided to extend the end date to 29 May 2017 11:59 GMT.
- Award: Travel writer of the year Award “2017”
- Venue: Tangier - Morocco
- Start Date: 18 Apr 2017 11:59 GMT
- End Date: 29 May 2017 11:59 GMT
- Prize: $1000 + 6 Nights hotel stay + Flying Ticket to Tangier - Morocco
The Moroccan Association of Ibn Battuta is the world’s first association created and dedicated to promoting the world’s great traveler, Ibn Battuta: his journey, his travels and his writings. The Association has long been committed to the encouragement of travel literature. The association launches a writing competition for ‘Travel Writers of the Year Award 2017.'
Open to all lover of travel literature around the globe. The articles will be published online in various worldwide blogs, websites and online related media.
Participants must choose one of the themes mentioned below and write an article minimum of 2000 WORDS in English and Prizes will be delivered to 1 winners of this competition.
Themes of the competition:
- Ibn Battuta
- Ibn Battuta route
- Ibn Battuta Travel writing
- The text must be unique 90% minimum. Plagiarism is strictly forbidden, the participant may be directly disqualified. Furthermore, the text must not have been published previously.
- Participants in this competition are considered to have explicitly given consent to their articles’ "publication online".
- The Article must be exclusively in the English language.
- The article must be featured with photographs or pictures, drawings or paintings explaining the essence of your article
- The deadline for submitting article online no later than April 29, 2017, at 11:59 GMT for consideration.
- Only one entry is considered and no email inbox messages will be entertained.
- The article must be uploaded through the submission form on the right side of this page.
- The competition is open to all Travel publisher, writers, and students with editorial ambitions, journalists, professors, and novelists …. Etc.
- The entry Awards is free for all candidates, all nationalities for age 18+
- The award will be judged by over 10 judges from 3 continents comprising of journalists, senior travel professionals, university professors, and business communities.
- The judging panel will receive all articles and will shortlist to find the most creative and inspiring article.
- The prize will be 1000 USD plus 6-night Hotel Room Stay and flight ticket to the City of Tangier (Morocco) during the Ibn Battuta International festival where the winner will be honored with the appearance on the media.